Thursday, March 17, 2016

A Taste of Mercy

Delectable Johnny-Jump-Ups: Taste and See 
Mercy has a humble way of being. It is as natural as these little Johnny-jump-ups that showed themselves to me last Saturday. My friend Winnie and I went out for a breath of fresh air. As we walked in the enclosed courtyard at Mont Marie Health Center, we looked in the planters where seeds of last year's flowers lay sleeping through the winter.
"Surprise! We jump up and show ourselves to let you know Spring is on the way." 
I was surprised to discover that these little beauties are edible. Such is mercy as well. She offers herself to be enjoyed, tasted and nourishing.

With gratitude I thank three more of my Sisters who offer a bit(e) of what mercy means for them. Taste and See.

Sister Mary Kate sees mercy as God's justice.
 
Sister Simone treasures her experience of God's  mercy
 
Sister Carol expresses the interchange of mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment